Sunday, May 30, 2010
Applesauce and the Flu
I have to say that I am becoming quite the little domestic. Apples were on sale for $0.50/lb. so I sprung on them and bought 80lbs to make homemade applesauce to can. Thankfully, Kevin was able to help... a little. My parents were out of town so I took over my mom's kitchen. A gas stove is the only way to go when canning a lot of fruit. The whole day started off quite nicely. Kevin was using the peeler to peel and prep and I was doing everything else. That was at 10am. But lunch time, the baby was puking/spitting up and had diarrhea. Kevin was sick and running to the bathroom. I was getting nauseated. Poor Chantelle had to sit in a poopy diaper for at least 2 hours while I got the nerve and stomach to change it. The following 3 days we were all hit with a major flu, but mostly Kevin and Tilly. She was sick for weeks with it. It was awful. I, thankfully, only was sick for the afternoon and then was well enough to care for the others. Good health is a blessing- no matter WHAT you have. This is never more apparent then when you don't have it! Till next time flu....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So... whatever happened to the applesauce?
hahhaaa... oh yeah. I was able to finish it by myself, but the kitchen was left less than clean. :(
Post a Comment