Silly me. I thought I could start WW and lose some weight. Silly me. I failed to factor in the utter chaos that is my life right now. I failed to factor in how exhausted I would be. I failed to realize how little I would want to figure out food to eat when I only have a few moments each day to eat. Silly me. Now that I have figured this out, I am trying to be a little more realistic. I am not going to worry so much about losing the weight right now as much as I am about eating better and watching my portions. In short, counting points, but not necessarily "counting them" - yet. Instead, I want to try and get my butt in gear. I bought some new running shoes today. I went to the store and the salesman told me my shoes I was wearing - 3 years old. Yep, that is the last time I bought new running shoes. That just shows you have serious I have been the last 3 years about running. I want to turn a new leaf. Remember that double jogging stroller I bought last fall? It's time to pull it from the cobwebs and put it to use. So, walking/running and some WW's in the mix, less guilt, and more sleep. I hope that is the winning combination to my weight loss goals...let's hope I can get started and stick to it!
BTW, Kevin is losing like a champ. It is disgusting how little effort he needs to put forth in order to lose some pounds. I am so jealous!
4 comments:
No, not naive, just really wanting to have your body back, but FYI, you JUST had a baby. Give it some time! But, I admire your enthusiasm. :)
I love your timeout pics...so funny. And there are two reasons Kevin is losing faster. 1)It's not fair, there is nothing you can do about it, and it bites big time, but guys are just like that. Dan eats 1/ a carton of ice cream every night and still is skinny as a post. 2)Kevin's body does not need to produce heavy cream right now!
Even knowing all that, I was the same way after Norah. It killed me. I'm finally starting to feel better, but it's been awhile. You can do it!
I think you are being too hard on yourself - your baby is what, a month old?? Just take baby steps (no pun intended!!) and make one change at a time - one week just pay attention to your portions and make them a little smaller, the next week drink more water and continue with smaller portions, etc. You'll see a difference before you know it!! And it is SO unfair, but guys do lose weight a LOT easier and faster than us gals. One of life's injustices! :)
I'm glad to read about the shift in your attitude: to eat healthy food, exercise, control the portion size of what you eat. Annie's right to encourage you (I need to take her advice, too) to drink more water. Obsessing over pounds is what we do because society tells us that we are more likable and more worthwhile if we look a certain way. Being healthy in body, mind, and spirit is way more important than being the size you were six or seven years ago. I read once where young girls are compared to a peach blossom, and as we grow older we mature into a ripe peach. I like that analogy.
Men don't have the hormone fluctuations to deal with---that's the difference when it comes to weight control.
Post a Comment