Sunday, March 27, 2011

Two years in the making....

I FINALLY finished the girls quilts for the bunkbeds. I think I bought the fabric about 2 years ago, may be a little less. But, it has taken me long time to get them done. I think I pick quilts that take a long time and a lot of piece work. I love how they turn out, but from about 20%-90% the process is long and I often get bored and work in chunks of time on them. I decided I better start Tilly's quilt now so by the time she is ready for a big girl bed, I will at least be started!

I pieced the tops together, my mom machine quilted them, and I finished the binding. They are basically the same quilts, but they have different backs so we can tell them apart. My mom took some of my scraps and made matching doll quilts for the girls' birthdays. Sadly, I think I like her pattern better than mine now. Oh well, I love them anyway!


They both are the same patterns and the same fabrics

Here you can sort of see the quilting design my mom did (this was my bday gift- quilting them for me!) The back and edges of Chloe's quilt
The back and edges of Charlie's quilt
Two is better than one!
One of the doll quilts my mom made. They were the same on top, but different backs
Looks pretty good on the bed!
Now if only I could finish decorating the room...

3 comments:

Beth said...

I love them! I totally wish I knew how to quilt!! Good job!!

MegT said...

HOLY COW! When did you start sewing? I don't remember that. They look awesome. I'm totally impressed.

A said...

That will be the best feeling over the years to watch the girls enjoy the quilts their mommy made them. Gorgioso!