Saturday, March 12, 2011

Chloe's Tooth!

Chloe came home from preschool this week and said she had a loose tooth! I couldn't believe it. My first and gut reaction was GROSS! I don't know what it is, but loose teeth are just gross. I get the chills whenever I picture a loose tooth or think about one hanging by the root and pulling it out. Disgusting. This is one rite of passage I was more than willing to pass of to Kevin.
Friday she was eating her lunch and it started to bleed again. She panicked and I had to explain to her that her tooth was supposed to get looser and looser and that it would eventually fall out. She has been back and forth about her tooth falling out these last few days. She is excited, but very nervous.
Today we went to a memorial service for a woman that was in Kevin's stake growing up. She was a wonderful loving woman that raised 7 kids - 5 of which are boys! So the chapel was packed. And, of course, her Andrus cousins were there. Chloe wanted to sit with Jonah and uncle Peter. About half way through the service, Chloe shoves her way down our aisle whispering loudly that her tooth came out! Apparently, every time a new speaker began to talk, Peter would "feel" her tooth. He finally just yanked it! EWWWWW!!!
Per Peter, "She looked at me in horror for a second, but then when I showed her the tooth she got all excited and ran over to you. Hey, we've got good memories to tell around family dinners in 10 years!"
Could he have picked a worse time?! So, I took her in the hall to calm her down and get a drink. She was so excited to have her tooth out and to put it under her pillow. So it is official. She is now a BIG girl. Okay, she already was a big girl, but there is something about losing a tooth that solidifies that. I am just thankful that it wasn't me that had to yank it out. Eww. Gross. I still can't think about it!

3 comments:

shannon said...

I love the video. So cute!!

MegT said...

Wow! You updated in a major league way! The pictures look great, and good job on your run. Hope your month calms down a little...you sound like you are ready for a break!

The Black Family said...

Love it! Thats a lot of teeth to lose to pay for disneyland! The tooth fairy over here leaves the one dollar gold coins-the kids love it!