Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Food Storage
I am finally getting my butt in gear for food storage. Trying to cut down on trips to Safeway is evident in the garage on our food shelves. They are starting to dwindle. Our ward is going to the cannery this month and I have made an order! This is a huge step for me. I've got canning fruit down, I am growing tomatoes (we'll seee how that goes), and now I am going to the cannery. Last on my list: a food dehydrator. I so BADLY want to make fruit roll ups this summer w/ all the peaches we will get on our tree. We threw out SOOOO many b/c we couldn't eat them fast enough! So, my question to cyberworld: Do you have a food dehydrator? Which one? Do you love it? I want to get one soon so I can start practicing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We have a food dehydrator (top of the line something), it's noisy, and we weren't pleased with how the dried fruits turned out, though we had carefully followed the instructions. We used it one summer, then put it into storage, so I can't even tell you what kind it is. We may try it again sometime when we get desperate. I hope you have better luck than we did!
Have you checked out freecycle? It's where people can giveaway stuff instead of sending it to the dump. I have gotten a few things off of there that are in excellent condition(i.e. a ride on car for the back yard(not electric), a high chair). You have to post something to give away before you can ask for something. It's a great way to declutter and pass on things to people who will use them. There maybe someone like out there like Sharlene out there who has one in storage and doesn't want to store it anymore. :)
I need to get the courage up to go to the cannery. I'm not sure why it intimidates me.
Post a Comment