Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bunk Beds!

So, we finally broke down and bought some bunk beds. They arrived two weeks ago and once they arrived... we couldn't wait to put them together. Kevin and I put them together in about 3 hours AND were still talking to each other when we were done (no small feat!)!

I think the reality of another baby coming is starting to hit and we figured we would need to put Charlie somewhere.... Prior to the new beds, Chloe has been on a double mattress on the floor- no frame. Pretty sad, actually, but at least she learned to sleep on a mattress and not fall off! I searched for WEEKS before I found what I wanted. I originally thought I wanted drawers below, but figured I didn't want to hassle and they would probably store junk anyway. We got these for an amazing price- $315!! And we found the mattresses at Big Lots for $99 each. Of course, I wish we could have found some used ones on Craigslist, but for $200 more- we got brand new. And, I just don't feel right about buying a used mattress- it just sounds gross. So, overall, we thought we did pretty well. Chloe LOVES the bed and the only way we can get her to sleep on the bottom is to tell her the ladder isn't finished yet! We'll see how long that holds up. Now I just have to get started on making some comforters for the two beds... shouldn't be too hard with all my spare time, right? LOL!!


SOO excited for her new bed

All tucked in!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You didn't mention where you got the bed, we have been looking, and they are exactly what I want, and in the right price range! Please pass on your secrets.

Sharlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharlene said...

Nice bunk beds! Happy little girls!