Thursday, February 26, 2009

Blessings

On Monday night, we were blessed with a big SURPRISE.

Someone had left about $200 of Costco and Trader Joe's groceries on our porch. It is like they knew exactly what we needed (including a 50lb bag of rice... I wonder how many years we be eating that!). It was around 8pm and there was a knock at the door. I thought a grandparent was coming to wish Chloe a happy birthday. I was totally stunned when I saw all the food on our porch. It is no real secret we are down to a partial income, but I never thought anyone would do this for us. We are not quite in dire straits, rather starving students, but I was so touched. I have to admit, I got a little emotional that someone was thinking of us. What a blessing to be surrounded by such wonderful giving people is such difficult times for so many families. I only hope that we can do the same for someone else in the future. So, to our secret Pixie, Thank you. This meant a lot to us.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh that is so awesome. We've been "pixied" in the past and I look forward to having the opportunity to do it to someone else in the future.

Edda Phillips said...

Wow, what a blessing! You guys sure deserved it. And no, it wasn't us. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I would have totally cried! That is so cool! When my dad was laid off when I was in junior high and we were a family of 7 living on a pre-school teacher's salary, someone did that for us, too. I don't know how we would have made it through that month or two without that extra food!