It was pouring today. Kevin totaled his car.
Again, I was at my pre-natal visit (I was at my visit when he was laid off, too) when I got a call from Kevin. He had just hydro-planed his car, went up on two wheels, slammed down, and hit the middle medium and spun backwards into the middle of the medium- thankfully a big grassy, muddy knoll. BUT, he was okay and he didn't hit anyone or anyone hit him.
I, of course, panicked and tried to get out of the appointment as fast as I could. After the crash, a few people stopped to see if he was okay. The next car gave him emergency flares, and the third gave him a lift to safety and out of the rain. I was about a half hour away and as I passed the car, the CHP was already there, scanning the car looking for an ID. Kevin had just called the CHP to let them know of the accident and that he had left to get to safety. Thankfully, the scene was cleared quickly and ended up following the car to the tow yard. As we got out of the car, I saw the extent of the damage- totally thrashed. The back right wheel was completely gone. All the other wheels were wobbly and hanging on by threads, the back underside was completely smashed in and the drived side was completely dented in. Kevin literally walked away with only a bit tongue and a sore neck. That afternoon we took him to the doctor for Xrays and a check up. Thankfully, no serious damage.
It seems that when it rains, it pours. Literally. I feel like we are in the 7 years of feast? or is it famine? Either way, we are definitely getting our share of bumps in the road. I am just thankful, VERY thankful that Kevin is okay and only the car is gone.
Talk about a busy 2009. I can't wait to see what happens in April... or can I?
5 comments:
I am so glad he is okay but I am so sorry about the car and everything else! Just hang in there. Heavenly Father has great things in store for your family!!
Oh Becky! I'm so sorry. Hang in there...I love you!
Oh gees! I'm SO sorry!!! And how scary to get the call while you were at the doctor's! (again!) I'm glad Kevin is okay, though. One thing I've learned is that cars are just things.
What a nightmare! I'm so glad he is alright, and I sure hope you guys don't have any more 'pouring rain!' You need a good break before this baby comes.
Oh, my. Your family is enjoying a lot of blessings while surviving some serious set-backs. I wish you well through it all.
Post a Comment