Sunday, January 16, 2011

6 Years and Counting

Kevin and I celebrated our 6th anniversary last weekend. Since Kevin gets home pretty late on the week days, we decided to celebrate on Saturday instead of the actual anniversary - Friday, January 7th. This year was his turn to plan and he did a great job and came in way under budget! One of our goals this year is to strictly adhere to our budget (WAY HARD!!) and that included the anniverary. So, we started the day with a trip to the temple and then went to Rigatoni's (our FAVorite italian restaurant and pretty cheap). Then we went to a comedy show in Walnut Creek. Kevin got free tickets from his brother's girlfriend to the Tony LaRussa ARF (Animal Rescue Foundation) fundraiser. When the show started I was afraid all the acts would be focused on animal lover crap. As you can tell, I am not an animal lover. I like animals, but I don't want one. Thankfully, it wasn't centered on them -entirely. The acts themselves were okay. There were quite a few comments about ED, which was pretty funny, but so not our demographic. Two of the scheduled acts were out sick and they had replacements. So, I think having older comedians calls for "older" humor? Who knows, but the tickets were free, so I can't complain. It was just nice to go out for almost the entire day and play with Kevin. Overall, it was a great day and I am so blessed to have him for a husband. So babe, happy anniversary and here's to many more years to come! Cheers!! (Raise your glass of sparkling cider to us!)

We almost forgot to take a picture I am happy to say I was wearing this jacket on our honeymoon (not that you can see it)- yeah!! It fits again. ;)

3 comments:

Chantalle said...

Happy Anniversary! We love Rigatoni's too :)

Annie H. said...

Awww, congrats on SIX years!!! Wow, way to go!! (not that I doubted you!) It doesn't seem like all that long ago that C-Jo and I came to your wedding. Time flies!! :)

Sharon said...

You look beautiful Becky. I love how your blue eye-color pops next to the purple color of your jacket.