I can't believe 2011 is already here. Like every new year, I am excited for what this year will bring. Kevin and I sat down and set some goals together and we are eager to see them come to fruition. I think the biggest challenge (and blessing) will be for us to stick to our budget. We have finally paid off our credit card (YEAH!!!!) and now only have student and car debts. We have never really stuck to our budget as hard core as we need to, so we have made smaller goals and commitments to help us along our way. We also have set some family goals like being more diligent in FHE - in meaning to actually have it every Monday (instead of just sometime during the week) and being better at saying family prayer every night.
Most of our goals are probably a lot like everyone elses - get fit, spend more quality time together, study our scriptures more, be more grateful, and the like. It's funny that each year, I review my/our goals, they are very similar (if not the same) as the previous year. I think we are trying to create more of the abundant life that the world so looks down upon - you know, a happy family that actually spends time and worships together. A family that is grateful for all our blessings, big and small. A life focused on our goals and covenants instead of the things of the world. I know this is what will bring us more joy than anything this year. So, here's to 2011! May it be a year of good change, growth, and time together as a family. Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment