In recognition of this holiday that is all but swallowed up by Christmas, I want to share a few things that I am truly grateful for:
1) Kevin: I don't know what I would do without him. He lets me sleep in on the weekends. He will get up with the girls in the night. He gives me foot rubs. He lets me spend money even though I don't let him. He makes me laugh. He is the GREATEST dad I could have ever hoped for my children. Truly, he is a wonderful person and I am so glad he is stuck with me for eternity.
2) My girls: I.love.my.girls. More often than not my home is a complete disaster. My head is often pounding from exhaustion and I just want a break, but whenever I think about not having my little angels I tear up and have to think happy thoughts. These girls are such a blessing and I love each one of them so much it hurts. I am so lucky they are mine.
3) My parents: My parents, my mom especially, are so wonderful. They have helped us out countless times in so many ways. We would be lost without them. I would be a wreck without their stalwart example and faith in my times of trial. I love them so much.
4) My job: I have a love-hate relationship with my job. I love it, but I hate it. I am so grateful I have a great job that allows me to work at the office, at home, early in the morning, and late into the night. Without this job, we would have been up a creek this past year. I love that I can escape into an "adult" world with business relationships and feel like I am using my education and brain (not that I don't use it at home, it's just different). I hate that I have to work, though and can't be a full-time mom. Even if I could be a full-time mom, I don't know if I would be very good at it. My job is a great outlet for me.
5) Friends: I love my friends. I am grateful for all my friends that have leant an ear and shoulder. I am grateful for walking buddies. I am grateful for my golden friends that have known me for years- that knew me back when I was "Becky Thomas"- back when I was a loud and spastic person that didn't have a care in the world. I am grateful Becky Thomas is able to come out and visit when I am around you. I hope one day that Becky Thomas and Becky Andrus will become one and I can be a little more wild and crazy like I used to be. It is you that makes me want to move to places I would never consider (Utah) just so I can be around you more often. I truly am grateful for old and new friends.
6) My cell phone: Granted, I have put it through the wash twice now and have lost it more times than I care to admit, but I love my phone. I love that I can call up anyone anytime and be able to chat it up. I love that I can visit with family and friends and have it feel like no time has passed since we were last together. I am grateful for friends that call me and let me know that I mean as much to them as they do to me.
7) Sleep: Maybe this should be higher on the list??? I don't get a lot of sleep and when I do it isn't the best. I am a completely different (and happier) person when I get sleep. So, when I get it, I am truly thankful. Bless Kevin for all the times he has let me sleep and has taken the girls in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning.
8) Food: This might be a very general blessing, but I have to say that I love food. I am grateful that I have never been without it. I am grateful that I know how to cook and how to make delicious meals that are healthy. I am thankful for chocolate and ice cream- my solaces for the last year that will be with me until I can get my butt in gear and drop this baby weight. Until then-- I will continue to love and consume you.
9) Hot Showers: There is nothing that sours my day more than a cold shower. There is nothing that relaxes me more than a hot one. I love escaping to the bathroom for a nice long HOT shower to rinse away my frustrations, stress, and often tired aches and pains.
10) Books: I love to read. I really do. I wish I had more time and money to spend on reading, but to everything a season. I do enjoy a good book in my PJs on a cold night. I wish I had an endlist pile of books by my bed that I could continually read from. I am grateful for good clean books, too. There is too much smut on TV, I don't want to read it, too.
I could go on and on. I'll save some for next year. :)
2 comments:
HEY! I did not see moving to Michigan as an option. I see what you are doing here. However, you will never be able to get rid of me! :)
Well, moving to Michigan wouldn't be difficult at all... or a move of desperation. Utah on the other hand would require a very desperate and lonely me. :)
Post a Comment