Saturday, August 30, 2008

Car Tunes

So, I don't know what it is about music or how the brain works, but it is incredible how one song on the radio can bring back so many memories. Now that I am sporting the mini van and have the girls with me 90% of the time I am in the car, it is a rare occastion that I get to be alone in the car and groove to my music. Yes, I said groove. Yesterday, as I was driving to work, a Sugar Ray song came on the radio. I instantly, turned it up way too loud (that felt so good) and started singing and swaying, rocking to the music. I almost felt 21 again. I had to call my good friend and dear roomie, Shar-Bear, to let her know I was thinking of her and our Jr. year at BYU because of this one song. Ohhh, how I miss college. How I miss being able to do what ever I wanted at the drop of a hat. Don't get me wrong, I love my life and family, but there is something special about being alone in the car, turning the music on way too loud, and dancing and singing like and idiot. Rock on!

4 comments:

MegT said...

Come on...you know you could rock out to Disney if you really wanted to. :)
And everything about big willie still reminds me of you. :)

Anonymous said...

Was the Sugar Ray song, "I just wanna fly?" I totally loved Sugar Ray! (Plus, I thought the lead singer was kinda cute!)

Michelle said...

I totally understand. . . primary songs and brite music only go so far!

Hemmert said...

I hear you on the "my music" thing. Lucy ask for songs, and sometimes I have to just tell her we are going to listen to mommies music. Thankfully that usually works.