Sunday, September 4, 2011

Two be Remembered!

For Tilly's actual birthday, we kept with tradition and had waffles for breakfast with candles. We made a cake for lunch, and spaghetti for dinner - her favorite. We didn't do anything terribly exciting because, let's face it. Her birthday was on a Tuesday and Kevin works late and we were leaving to go camping just two days later. So, we kept it simple. But, I knew I had to make this party "big" and somewhat memorable because I totally dropped the ball last year and didn't do a big First birthday for her.

Still waking up - can you tell? She still looks drowsy!
And cake for a snack - nothing but the best on your 2nd bday baby!

Party Day! I love her curls!

I think I did a pretty good job on her party, if I do say so myself! I have never made a birthday outfit for the girls, so Tilly was extra lucky to get an outfit (trying to ease my guilt from last year, can you tell?). I found this fabric and fell in love with it. I went with a pink theme and got a lot of ideas from different pics I had seen on pinterest (my latest hobby). There are so many creative people out there in the world! I am glad I can copy them.

And of course, I made this banner a few months ago just for this party. I figured staying in the pink family of fabrics was pretty safe for 3 girls. We will get a lot of use out of this.

I had a pink dessert table with Pink Rice Krispie Treats, dipped marshmallows, candy goody bags, jelly beans, and taffy. I was going to do a bundt cake for my little cake stand, BUT the night before the party it totally fell apart when I tried to take it out of the pan! I hate that!!! So, it was all cupcakes. Thankfully, I have a ton of cake boxes in my pantry! Then I used the extra fabric from her outfit to decorate the table and vases. I love the way it turned out. I only wish I had a larger table to fill. I can see how people can go all out on these birthday parties. Once you get going, it is hard to stop. All the goodies turned out so good! I love my hanging pom poms.




Daddy and his baby girl.
Me and my baby

Getting ready to blow the candles out.
She didn't quite get it that she had to wait until we finished singing to blow them out.
Some of the cousins

We love you Tilly! Can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You need to rethink your post about being lazy, because this party says the exact opposite!!! You are one crazy lady, I need your energy for stuff like this, what a fun party!!