Friday, August 19, 2011

Lake Camanche

The first weekend in August (and just following New Melones), the California Thomas clan all got together for camping at Lake Camanche. Kevin grew up going here, but we had never gone. In fact, in all my youth, I never remember camping at a lake. My family didn't do water sports, so when I first heard about this trip being planned, I was a little surprised. Mom and Pop rented a jet ski for a few days and the kids all paid for the gas (hardly a fair split). I opted to only camp for one night, as we had just been camping and again, I would be flying solo. The girls did awesome (again) and we had a great time lounging by the lake side and hanging out with the cousins. I hope the Thomas clan can have an annual camping trip together just like the Andrus clad does. Great memories!

Kevin actually made it up for Sat morning. It was a bust, though. We only stayed a few more hours. We felt like we were in the middle of little Mexico with all the mariachi music around us...
Grandpa didn't exactly have his weight balanced out with the grandkids on this boat ride ;)

Wyatt

I swear there are a couple pictures of Shannon and me posing just like this in camping somewhere

"Sleeping" Beauties - they loved sleeping in the tent

Carson cooking our tin foil dinners - Yeah for a man in camp!

Gma and Stella I love this pic with Dad and some of the grandkids



Say Cheese!

One more with Stella - all the Gkids on this trip: Reagan, Austin, Chloe, Ben, Stella, Charlie, Tilly, Nolan


Carson driving, Jon holding the flag, and Kevin being towed... quite the load to haul!

Great memories and lots of fun. Can't wait for next time!

1 comment:

Annie H. said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I LOVE that picture of your dad and the kids in the boat -- I think it's totally frame-able!