Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Going Green



So, for the month of July I wanted to line dry our clothes to see if there was really any difference in our PG&E bill AND because there is usually a stretch of unusually hot weather, I didn't want to add to the heat of the house by running the dryer. You know - trying to cool my house while blowing hot air into it by running the dryer. I received a bill mid-July and the bill was down about $20, so I figure that the next bill will be down around $40 since it will be for a whole month! Granted, it probably isn't the biggest savings, but it does keep the house a little cooler and I have to admit that I LOVE the way the clothes feel and smell (all except the towels, still trying to get used to them a little stiffer). I have about 4 lines strung up in the backyard. So yeah to me for going green!

1 comment:

Annie H. said...

I think that's awesome! I totally want to try that when we have a house and yard someday :)