Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gluttons for Punishment

I think Kevin is eager to move on to the next stages with our girls. Tonight, he put Charlotte in Chloe's room on the bottom bunk. This, like most changes, will make going to be easier for like 2 days, and then I am SURE of it- all heck will break loose. It really is cute to see them laying in the beds together, but seriously? I think we are asking for it. Chloe is a pill at bed time. She is always making excuses to get up: 1) going potty, 2) wanting a snack, 3) wanting a drink, 4) wanting to bounce, 5) wanting to read, etc. etc. She is very creative. Charlie on the other hand just gets out of bed over and over again. Tonight about 2am will be the real test: who wakes up first and will she wake the other? The is officially Kevin's duty to handle, as he is the one who made the change...and let's face it, he has been getting up with them for months now. We will see...are we gluttons for punishment?

As for Chantelle, I think Kevin really just wants to get her out of our room. Her little grunts and squeals wake him up. She is pretty consistent in sleeping through the night as long as she gets a bottle of formula for her last feeding. (Right now she is my favorite child b/c she does sleep through the night. Bless her.) And, with the way nursing is going that will pretty much be all she is getting from now on. As much as I love nursing, this baby and me are just not compatible. It's too bad, but if I am going to survive these little rugrats, it must be done.

Thankfully, things are going pretty smoothly in all other aspects of our life. I am getting back into the groove at work. Kevin is sailing in his classes. We are starting to forms some routines and I love it. I love spontanaity, but let's face it- I thrive on routine and schedules. I forgot how a new baby totally throws all routines and any predictability in your life out the window. I can't wait to get control again. Soon enough. As for now, I am learning (slowly) to enjoy this chaos that is now my life. :) Carpe Diem!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did that night go?