Friday, October 9, 2009

Spaulding Family Reunion

So, most of Kevin's maternal Gma's family is around the bay area. Every year they have a picnic at some park and catch up with one another. It is a great little get away for us- even if it is just for an afternoon.

The picnic was near Atherton, CA - one of the wealthiest towns in Cali. It is a gorgeous hilly area filled w/ redwoods. It was a beautiful park and terribly hot.

Bella is Chloe's 2nd cousin and the only girl cousin in Cali old enough to play with. Usually Luke and Jonah aren't too far behind, but this trip they were at home with their new baby sister, Ella.



Let's not forget the newest addition...



It has happened - "Charlie, go away. We don't want to play with you." Granted, it was Bella saying it, but Chloe followed along. It was so sad.

Instead of hanging by herself, she hung out with Gma Karen and ate croutons. Not a bad trade off.

Don, Aunt Joc, and Jenna
Uncle Ron


Peek a Boo w/ Pappa Bear


Charlotte got ABSOLUTELY filthy while we were there. I tried to capture it, but photos do not do her justice.




3 comments:

MegT said...

I think the pictures did a good job. She looks pretty dirty to me. That is the best part of a park for my kids. And don't despair about your lack of order and the chaos in your life. Norah will be 1 at the end of the month, and our lives have mellowed considerably. I know my kids are older, but I promise it will ease up a little.

shannon said...

I know how Charlie feels. I remember those comments as a child -"Go away Shannon, we don't want to play with you.".....

alisha said...

that made me so sad for charlie! but at least she got to get good and dirty. i loved chantelle's outfit too! :)