After delivery, I kept telling Kevin he couldn't leave me. I think I was still in shock and didn't want to be alone. So, being the wonderful husband he is, he slept on the very uncomfortable chair/bed in my room. He probably slept worse than me. One of the most frequently asked questions we were asked is what is her name. I think our top two were Chantelle Emily and Taylor Colleen. My biggest issue was I couldn't decide on what she looked like. I wasn't attached to any name, but was apprehensive in naming her Chantelle - another CH name. By fear: having baby #4 be a girl and then HAVING to name her a CH too. We wouldn't want her to be an odd ball. :) In the end, the birth certificate lady (?) gave us a deadline to have the name - or rather, Kevin made us have it to her. In the end, I let Kevin decide. He was going to let me name her Taylor b/c he thought that was my favorite. But, I told hime this was his chance to name her whatever he wanted and so he chose Chantelle. I love the name, I just couldn't decide. Kevin was so excited to finally have the final say on a name. :)
Besides my back hurting from labor, I can't complain from any majors pains. I have been recovering very quickly and only suffer from lack of sleep and being sore from nursing. I am pumping a lot to try and "heal" a little faster. We shall see.
So far, Chantelle, is an angel. She eats, sleeps, and poops. If she cries, she is a little gassy or wants to snuggle. I love baby snuggles. I am SOOO glad she is finally here!
Chloe couldn't wait to hold her new sister and sing her "Child of God"
Charlie just loves to give kisses... wet juicy ones

First look at our newest addition
Gma Andrus brought the girls to see Chantelle
close up
First Family Picture (I don't get how all my friends look so FAB in their hospital pics. Seriously, I look wasted)
Hello, I'm Chantelle
Meeting Gpa Thomas

Meeting Aunt Shannon
Mommy Kisses
Glad it is over and she is here!

a little skin to skin w/ Papa
Waiting to be discharged... 6 hours!!
You ready for this Kevin?
More sister kisses
Going home... she looks so BIG in her seat already
3 comments:
Aw, so SWEET! I love the pictures of Baby Chantelle with her big sisters! I'm the 3rd girl (all in a row) in my family, too. SUCH cute pictures! CONGRATS again!!
congratulations! I love little girls they are so fun to dress--don't worry I never look great during or after deliver!
So many great photos, lots of family to welcome Chantelle.
Post a Comment