Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Gift

As I was riding home from work today w/ my sister and Dad, Shannon says, "When you going to update your blog?" This post is for you, Shannon.

Usually when I come home Chloe is eating dinner or watching a movie while Dad is cleaning up or making dinner. BUT, tonight I came home to see both girls had already had a bath and were in their PJs. I immediately see Charlie's black hands. I asked what happened. Kevins' reply, "Just go upstairs into Chloe's room."

PANIC..."Is it the walls or the carpet?" "Just go look...."

As I reach the top of the stairs I start seeing several BLACK dots... a little trail leading to the bedroom. When I step inside... SEVERAL large black and green spots are all over the floor-including one the size of my foot.

Apparently, Chloe and Charlie were in the hall closet and found an old box w/ rubber stamps and some ink. Yep, ink. They created their own little picaso's all over the floor. I immediately send for the carpet cleaner and rags and start from the beginning working my way to the chaos. Thirty minutes later and an ENTIRE bottle of Folex (btw... the BEST carpet spot remover), we only have the print as large as my foot to reckon with tomorrow... and the next day. I am hoping to find some wonderful potion on line to help me get this spot out. I do not want to have to replace the carpet! I take no pictures- as I want no proof this ever happened.... hopefully, a dim memory and a blog entry. Wish me luck... I'll be a scrubbing away...

That was my welcome home gift today. Am I the luckiest mom ever, or what?

4 comments:

MegT said...

At least they didn't cut it too. :)

Becky said...

Way to put a positive spin on the siutaion.

Beth said...

Oh man! Isn't it amazing the resources kids can use to make messes?! Good luck getting the big stain out!

Sharlene said...

Major stress! I guess you could put some throw rugs over the stains if they don't come out.