Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Andrus Family Ski Trip

This past weekend, the whole Andrus clan went to Lake New Melones near Angels Camp and had a fun weekend of jetskiing, wakeboarding, and lounging in the hot sun. Kevin's brother Peter organized this little family reunion a few months ago so everyone would make it. Although the entire event went from Thursday night to Saturday, we only made it for Friday--but what a day! We left early Friday morning and got at the lake just in time for Kevin to break in the jet ski. When he got back, he took me out. It was SO fun! I have never been jetskiing and could see us purchasing one someday. Chloe had such a good time with her cousins, too. The beach was pretty muddy, but that didn't stop them from having a good time. Even Charlotte enjoyed getting in the water and cooling off. We also had the chance to wakeboard. Kevin was able to get up and do some tricks, but I unfortunately got up long enough to fall back down. :(

Charlotte hanging out with Uncle Peter.... girls are a lot different than little boys!


All worn out... nap time!


Chloe, Luke, Bella, and Jonah all hanging out in the front of the boat while the parents showed their stuff on the wake board! Chloe wasn't too sure about her life jacket. It took her a while to adjust to it and get semi-comfortable in it. This just means we have to go out more often! Bring it on.

7 comments:

Nicki said...

So glad that you had fun! Wakeboarding is so fun...we just went on Saturday! Baby girl is such a cute little sleeper!

Elizabeth said...

I am so glad you have a blog!!! This is much easier for me than facebook. I love the pictures of your kids and the waterski strip sounded like so much fun. Can't wait to see more to come...

Sharlene said...

Thanks for including me in your blog. The design is cool, the pictures are cute, and it's great to know the fun you are having!

MegT said...

Your blog is way stinking cute! How did you do that? I have so much to learn. Cute pictures too. I'm glad we dove into blogging at the same time. Maybe I'll be better at staying in touch now. I forgot to call Sharon on her birthday again (probably the 8th year in a row. I am so lame).

Corinne said...

So Fun. I felt the same way about blogging when I started but now I love it because it is great for documenting our life. I have never written in a journal so our blog is our family journal. I hear that once a year you can have it printed too......

Michelle B. said...

It sounds like you had a fun reunion! Thanks for sending me your blog! It looks great!

Amy said...

Cute blog! I love reading about everyone's exploits and seeing their pictures. Thanks for sharing! Mine is www.boamfamily.blogspot.com. Happy blogging!