Christmas Eve was at my parent's this year. We all went over for dinner- Ham and funeral potatoes. My favorite. It was a nice and relaxing Christmas dinner with our special family members Sandra and Jesus. The previous night our parents dropped off our gifts to the families we adopted, too. There was a nice feeling of gratitude for our blessings, even in the rough year we all had. Mom and Dad also wanted to attempt the Nativity w/ the gkids acting it out... what a riot. Seriously, if I was a performer when I was a kid, this next generation is going to be a riot. Ohh how I wish Ron and his girls would have been able to come this year. Maybe next year! We hope!! We rounded off the evening w/ dessert and screaming, cranky children. Ohh the joys! Once we got home, I had to rush and finish Charlotte's stocking (didn't get finished in Tahoe) and keep convincing Chloe that Santa wouldn't come until she AND mommy and daddy had gone to bed. We had to keep taking her back to her room and try to have her lay there and listen for the reindeers footsteps on the roof. That was so fun. I love Christmas. Daddy helped Santa w/ the stockings that night and we finally fell asleep. :) Christmas morning was great. Chloe wasn't as excited as I think I would have been, but she still was happy to get her bike from Santa. For the past 4 months she has been talking about her princess bike. We finally were able to teach her that if she was good, Santa would bring her one. I wonder how long that line actually works.
All the cousins got matching PJs. Girls Princess, boys.. dinosaurs??
No comments:
Post a Comment