Sunday, April 17, 2011

As of late

It has been one CRAZY, insane, and OVERwhelming spring. Tax season this year literally put me over the edge. Just ask Kevin. My only hope is that the girls are still young enough to forget the wreck that has become their mother. I am not sure why, but I just could NOT get anything together at home or at work this year. I felt like I was just barely staying afloat. AND, if anyone of you have been blessed to drop by our house that last 8 weeks, you would see that. As a result, I am totally suffering from cabin fever, the girls from neglect, and the house from major abuse.


For example, Tilly no longer wants to wear diapers. She LOVES to pull them off and run around the house naked. She thinks it is hilarious. Her favorite thing to do is to climb up on the kitchen table (naked or not) and jump, sit, whatever until we catch her there - which sometimes is quite a while (remember, I said it was tax season). Sometimes I indulge her and let her go wild in the back yard. I know, I am horrible or lazy. You decide.

And, of course, there are her two older sisters. Last week my brother Ron moved to Cali and came to stay with my parents for a few days. Aunt Shannon was giving haircuts. I think she inspired Chloe, because she did a number on her favorite target: Charlie.



Friday morning was like all the rest. I was up early and working. Kevin was getting the girls up and about. He yells down if I gave Chloe a haircut. I said no, Shannon did (thinking of the previous weekend). Hours later I am upstairs and see a pile of hair in the trash. Now I know what he meant by that question. Yes, Chloe did an excellent job of butchering Charlies golden locks. What we thought was a really bad case of bed head was actually her new DO!


New do complete with blue lip gloss (WHICH, BTW, I found all over my bathroom with about 2/3rd of a new LARGE container of Vaseline all over my cupboards and floor only 3 hours later).

The new bangs one-sided mullet
let's not forget the layers on the one side

AND.....



Yes, this is AFTER I tried to salvage what Chloe had done!! I think I only made it worse. It is seriously the WORST 80's mullet EVER!!
If you look closely, I attempted to make the mullet into layers by chopping off a few inches from the bottom and "framing" her face. Trouble is... she took off serious chunks in the front and my attemtps to "even" it out were obviously fruitless.
Later we found a headband. That seemed to work.
And, after about an hour of trying to fix her hair, I came downstairs to this:


Yes, those are little pooplets that Tilly so kindly spilled on the floor when she pulled her diaper off AGAIN. Ohh.... Duct tape, where did I put you?


So that my friends, was only 1 day, BUT perfectly describes the chaos, neglect, and frustration that has consumed my life that last 2 months.


Oh, and by the way, Charlie wore pigtails today to church and hid the mullet perfectly. I found the new do for the next 3 months!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh honey! I am so sorry! I love how you took pictures to document it all! Sometime I am sure it will make you laugh!

MegT said...

But hey...you survived! And how much do you remember from being 4? I'm guessing not too much. Welcome back to life, my friend. :)