Tuesday, August 3, 2010

DISNEYLAND!!!

We finally got away!
Kevin and I finally got a much needed vacation. Back in April Kevin and I volunteered for Disney's "Give a Day, Get a Day" promotion and scored some free tickets. At first we were going to take a quick trip- three days. Drive down, go one day, and come back-leave Friday night and come back Sunday. Then I thought, let's take the girls. It would be so fun. But then I took a look at the cost of a ticket for Chloe and said no way! I then proceeded to scour the on-line sites for hotels.. for weeks. I just couldn't decide and we still hadn't decided what our plan was going to be. After looking on the Disney website and caved and got so excited to go. I just knew we would have to have 2 days at Disneyland and CA Adventure. So... here it goes:

Tuesday night: We started packing and cleaning up the house. We put the girls down and proceeded to get ready. Kevin decided he needed to go see a movie with a friend and so I was left to prepare alone.

Wednesday: I knew it would take a couple hours to actually get on the road. We were basically packed, we just needed to tie up the loose ends AND I HAD to go to the chiropractor. By 12:30 we were on the road, 4:30 we were out of the grapevine and by 5 we hit traffic. Can I just say that LA traffic SUCKS!! It took us 2 hours to go about 45 miles. Disgusting. After we checked into our hotel we headed out towards Disneyland to get some grub. We weren't actually in Anaheim, but in Placentia. Once we found the little "downtown" area I immediately wanted to change hotels. The excitement is everywhere around Disneyland and I just wanted to soak it in. But, after thinking it through it made sense to save the money. We would only be sleeping there and not hanging out.
Thursday: We were up early. very early. Well, it felt early. We got up and out to be at the park when it opened. I was giddy. Kevin nearly scolded me half a dozen times for walking too fast, dodging people, and just plain being a dork. I couldn't help it. I was so excited. We got our tickets and made a mad dash. Unbelievabley, the first hour or so it was really slow. Once CA Adventure opened we went to get our tickets for World of Color. Everyone we talked to that had gone recently said we HAD to go. We were so glad we listened. What a spectacular show. The rides, the food, the nostalgia of just being there was so fun. We stayed open to about 11:30. Seriously, an AWESOME day. *As a side note, we saw SOO many kids at the park even after all the shows. Some parents are so incredibly irresponsible. Children should not be out that late. It was so sad to see these little kids falling apart, sleeping in strollers, etc. Really? Take them to bed!!

Friday: We tried to get up early. We got there about 9am. We were so exhausted from the day before, but were determined to get our fill! We spent the whole day soaking it all in, riding our favorites again and taking a few pictures. I didn't get as many as I would have liked, but ohh well...
Saturday: We planned an "extra" day to recoup from Dland. We decided to do a session at the Newport Beach temple. This was my first session at a mini temple. It reminded me of the Sacrament temple. It was absolutely beautiful. Afterwards, we were able to meet up with my old roommate, Sharon, for lunch and to chat and catch up. So fun! I love that girl!
That night we were able to hang out with my friend Mandy. We crashed at her place for the night and went to church with her in the morning before we headed home. I am SO glad we started our road trip home an hour north of where we were the previous days. Again, LA traffic is the pits!
All in all, this trip was FABULOUS! I am so glad we were able to get away and detox. I can't wait to go and do it next year!!


I can't figure out how add more videos. This is a clip from World of Color @ CA Adventure.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hooray for vacations without kids!! I'm sure they would have loved it, but your trip alone sounds like it was so much fun!!! We should do a couples theme next year. :)

MegT said...

So fun...I love Disneyland too. Dan wasn't super excited to go when we took our kids this year (he had never been since he grew up in Atlanta), but he had so much fun that now we want to go back alone.