Last night Kevin decided he wanted to go hiking in Sunol. What a great idea. It was absolutely beautiful and we even chanced upon the "Cowboy Culture Festival." There were a bunch of cowboys, horses, cows, booths, etc. all set up at the park. We went hiking (not very far, granted) and then had some snacks and went around to the booths. We had Nolan with us and he and Chloe had a great time together. They are such good friends. They kept looking for tigers! It was so funny b/c they kept asking where they were. We had to keep reminding them there weren't tigers where we were, but we could possibly see more cows. It didn't work. They entire hike they kept roaring like tigers and calling out for them. They got to hand crank home made ice cream and best of all- make mop horses. It was so cute to see them walking together "riding" the horses we made. Everyone that saw them was ohhing and ahhing. Seriously, they were adorable.
Then, on a whim, because we can never seem to plan actual dates, we decided to go to the movies. We dropped off the girls at my parents and headed to the movies to see "Fireproof." I had seen a clip about this on good morning america. Kirk Cameron (I loved him in Growing Pains) is the star of this very wholesome, sends the right message movie. I was so excited to see that it was playing at our theater that we had to go. I think what intrigued me at first was on the interview clip Kirk was saying how he won't kiss any woman but his wife(!!!! What a man.) The kissing scene in the movie is actually his wife (his girl friend from Growing Pains) and that she was the double so he could keep his commitment to her. WHO DOES THAT?? I have to say, props to Kirk for being such a stud and husband. Anyway, this was a nice and lazy weekend for our family and we got some much needed R&R.
On the trail








2 comments:
Hey Becky! It's Beth! I found your blog from Elizabeth's. Very cute! Your girls are adorable!!
Interesting that your daughter has a fascination with tigers. Did you teach her the "tigre?" I MISS YOU! What say we split a plane ticket? IT's been toooooooooo long.
Post a Comment